Intact America seeks an experienced Development and Communications Assistant who will work with the Deputy Director and Director of Philanthropy to manage administrative and clerical functions that support the organization’s marketing, communications, and fundraising programs.
About Intact America
Intact America was founded in 2008 to change the way America thinks about circumcision. Intact America envisions a world where children are free from medically unnecessary surgeries carried out on them without their consent in the name of culture, religion, profit, parental preference, or false benefit.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support the executive team’s role as leaders in organizational strategy, governance, program development and expansion, and revenue generation.
- Traffic and respond to inquiries received to Intact America’s office, social media channels, and mailboxes (physical & digital).
- Assist with the processing of donations and acknowledgement letters to donors.
- Assist with the processing of invoices.
- Assist with the scheduling of staff and board meetings, and the recording of meeting minutes.
- Work with the executive team, and Intact America’s PR agency to create and push out content for all social media channels.
- Build and report on all fundraising campaign metrics with Director of Philanthropy and Intact America’s fundraising consultant.
- Work with the executive team to foster relationships with Intact America’s constituencies, board members, and donors.
- Work with the executive team to plan and execute public and private events, including festivals, conferences, and donor gatherings.
- Design and implement digital communications and fundraising campaigns.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree.
- 1–3 years working in office environment, preferably in nonprofit sector.
- Commitment to Intact America’s mission, vision, values, positions, and principles.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Competence in digital media and communications.
- Excellent computer skills to include Microsoft Office, Microsoft Publisher, and other Windows-based software; experience with fundraising-specific donor databases and email CRMs.
- Intact America’s current subscriber/donor CRM is e-Tapestry.
- Comfortable with fast-paced and collaborative organizational culture.
- Facility with self-starting and executing daily operational tasks and special projects.
- Must be adept at using various social media platforms including Facebook, YouTube, Twitter. Strong oral and written communication and editing skills.
- Digital design skills a plus.
Location, Schedule, and Benefits
This position is non-exempt and includes occasional travel, and evening and weekend hours as events dictate. Vacation, sick leave, and retirement benefits are available. Medical insurance is optional and depends on preferred candidate’s geographic location. Candidates need not reside in NY Metro area.
Send a resume and cover letter detailing why you would like to work for Intact America to Stephen Patterson, Deputy Director ([email protected]). The subject line should read: Development and Communications Assistant. Please do not call.
Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. Expected start date is flexible. Intact America is based in Tarrytown, New York.
Competitive candidates will be contacted within three weeks of resume submission to participate in an initial screening interview. All candidates will be kept apprised of progress toward filling the position.
Intact America is an Equal Opportunity Employer.