Intact America seeks an experienced nonprofit fundraising professional accountable for the organization’s annual giving program, with a focus on stewardship and solicitation of leadership and major gift prospects. This role reports to the Executive Director.
About Intact America
Intact America was founded in 2008 to change the way America thinks about circumcision. Intact America envisions a world where children are free from medically unnecessary surgeries carried out on them without their consent in the name of culture, religion, profit, parental preference, or false benefit.
Successful candidates for the Director of Philanthropy position must meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 5+ years of experience in fundraising/development in the not-for-profit sector.
- Documented experience interfacing with multiple constituencies – direct reports, board members, current and prospective donors, and advocates.
- Commitment to Intact America’s mission, vision, values, positions, and principles.
- Grant writing experience preferred.
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal skills.
- Competence in digital media and communications.
- Excellent computer skills to include Microsoft Office, Microsoft Publisher, and other Windows-based software; experience with fundraising-specific donor databases and email CRMs. Intact America’s current subscriber/donor CRM is e-Tapestry.
Primary Responsibilities of the Director of Philanthropy
Not limited to the following:
- Build and steward relationships, solicit and upgrade current annual fund donors.
- In partnership with Board of Directors, internal leadership and engaged consultants, build and steward a pipeline of prospects for annual fund and major gift solicitation.
- Implement and manage all fundraising activities including annual and major gifts, monthly and legacy gifts, in-person and virtual donor events, and campaign-specific initiatives.
- Maintain informational databases on individuals, families, foundations and corporate donors, including details on movements from prospect portfolio.
- Co-manage (with consultants and director of communications) digital fundraising and communications.
- Produce reports for internal leadership and Board of Directors to demonstrate prospect movement, annual and major gift goals, and progress on goals-to-date.
- Hold regular prospect moves management sessions with the Executive Director, engaged consultants, relevant internal leadership, board or committee members, and staff or key volunteers, to strategize on solicitations.
- Prepare and submit grant applications to foundations and corporations in alignment with strategic priorities and/or annual or campaign requests.
- Work with staff and public relations consultants on production of all donor-facing messaging and publication.
Location, Schedule, and Benefits
This position is salaried/exempt and includes occasional travel, and evening and weekend hours as events dictate. Vacation, sick leave, and retirement benefits are available. Medical insurance is optional and depends on preferred candidate’s geographic location.
Send a resume and cover letter detailing why you would like to work for Intact America to Georganne Chapin, Executive Director ([email protected]). The subject line should read: Director of Philanthropy. Please do not call.
Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. Expected start date is flexible. Intact America is based in Tarrytown, New York, but Director of Philanthropy need not reside in NY Metro area.
Competitive candidates will be contacted within three weeks of resume submission to participate in an initial screening interview. All candidates will be kept apprised of progress toward filling the position.
Intact America is an Equal Opportunity Employer.